See internal questions in lesson plan for pre-reading, discussion and assessment.
- What person or group is making the statement about terrorism?
- What arguments does the person or group make about terrorism?
Describe the background of the people highlighted in these articles: their age or the generation they belong to, their profession or status as children, students, etc, and their national origin (including US citizens). Reflect on the obstacles that these people have had to overcome to accomplish what they are doing?
- What clues does the article give about the motivation of these “people making a difference”? What do they hope to accomplish with their work? How would you describe the importance of these people’s contribution to their community and the larger society?Do you think it is valuable, and if so, why?
See discussion guides for UPF documentaries at:
- What does the article tell you about the American Muslim community?
- What did you learn from the article that surprised you or that you did not know before?
- What cultural achievements are mentioned in the article?
- What is the importance of the invention or cultural achievement for the Muslim community and the world?